New Jersey Commercial Vehicle Insurance
A commercial vehicle can range from a taxicab in Trenton, a limousine in Long Beach Township, a dump truck in Upper Deerfield, a delivery van in Vineland, or a tractor-trailer in Toms River. Many people also use personal vehicles for work, such as a real estate agent who shows property or a small business owner who sends an employee on an errand in the employee’s personal car. No matter what, if you or someone in your employ drives the vehicle for commercial purposes, it’s a good idea to consider purchasing a New Jersey commercial auto insurance policy.
Since commercial vehicles come in all shapes and sizes and with a wide range of purposes, commercial vehicle coverage can be tailored to each type of vehicle and use. It is important to work with an agent who is well acquainted with the details and options if you want to get a complete policy with no coverage gaps. An independent agent in the Trusted Choice ® network can research many companies and provide you with an array of New Jersey commercial auto insurance quotes to compare. Contact a member agent today to confirm you have the proper coverage at the best available price.
Commercial Vehicle Accident Figures
People are often surprised to learn just how many accidents in the United States involve trucks and large commercial vehicles:
- There are approximately 500,000 accidents involving trucks each year
- About 5,000 of these result in fatalities
- 1 in 8 traffic fatalities involves a truck of 10,000 lbs. or more
- In 2008, 16,760 injuries resulted from bus crashes
Your New Jersey commercial auto insurance can cover one or more types of vehicles, including:
- Dump trucks and other construction equipment
- Delivery vans
- Tractor trailers
- Auto haulers
- School or touring buses
- Passenger cars, SUVs, and station wagons
Can My Personal Auto Policy Cover My Business Vehicle?
In most cases, a personal auto insurance policy is not sufficient to protect you, your drivers, your vehicles, and others on the road for work related activity. The good news is, a New Jersey commercial auto policy can make sure your business-use vehicle is totally covered. The primary risks you face without NJ commercial vehicle protection include liability lawsuits, uninsured vehicle damage, and penalties from law enforcement. Every state in the country requires commercial vehicles to be insured with specialized commercial auto insurance.
A local Trusted Choice member agent can evaluate your commercial operation and make sure you have the proper amount of New Jersey commercial auto insurance coverage to mitigate the risks associated with your business vehicle.
What Coverage Is Included in a Commercial Policy?
While the risks associated with commercial vehicles are very different than those of personal vehicles, the coverage types available are quite similar. The policy limits will be higher to cover the value of the vehicle itself and the net worth of the associated business.
The coverage you need will include some or all of the following:
- Standard liability coverage for bodily injury and property damage in case you or a driver of your commercial vehicle is deemed at-fault in an accident
- Collision coverage for repair or replacement of your commercial vehicle in case of an accident
- Comprehensive coverage to compensate you in case of a loss due to theft, fire, vandalism, extreme weather, or other-than-collision damage
- Rental insurance in case you need a commercial vehicle while your existing one is being repaired
- Uninsured/underinsured coverage in the event you or one of your employees is in an accident caused by a driver who lacks sufficient coverage to pay for the damages
- Medical payments coverage to pay for medical bills you or your staff members incur in an accident
Keep in mind that comprehensive insurance does not cover damage from flooding or earthquakes. If you live in an area prone to either, ask your Trusted Choice member agent for help locating New Jersey flood insurance quotes or earthquake insurance coverage.
Comparing New Jersey Commercial Auto Insurance Quotes
One of the most important aspects of running any business is making certain you are in compliance with the law and that your business is suitably protected. The question then becomes how much New Jersey commercial auto insurance is adequate for your enterprise. The services of a qualified professional can help answer that question. If your current insurance agent is captive and represents only one insurance company, you may never know all of your options.
That is why business owners all over the country turn to one of the nation’s 22,000 Trusted Choice member agencies for help. These independent agents will show you quotes from competing companies. They can offer you the right coverage so you can avoid the pitfalls of underinsuring and the expenses of over-insuring. Find your local member agent today to confirm you have the right protection at the best possible price.