Jun 24 2020

Motor car registration #Motor #car #registration

Motor car registration

Renew a vehicle registration

Show Introduction

You can renew your vehicle’s registration online. While renewing you’re also able to make changes to details like your usage type and the duration/term of the registration period.

If you’re intending to change the duration of the registration period online:

  • the inspection requirements displayed on your registration renewal notice may be impacted
  • you must have purchased the equivalent term of CTP insurance.

If you’re a Pensioner Concession Card holder you’re entitled to free registration for one vehicle. You may also be eligible for automatic registration renewal. Visit Renew a vehicle registration (pensioner) to learn more.

Show What you’ll need

  • the vehicle’s billing number (on your renewal notice, or retrievable when renewing)
  • a Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance policy, commonly called a green slip (unless the vehicle is a trailer or caravan, in which case you don’t need CTP insurance)
    • Your insurer will usually send your CTP information electronically to Roads and Maritime Services.
    • The duration of the CTP term you buy will determine the period of registration you can renew for. For example, if you buy a 6 month CTP policy you can only renew the vehicle registration for 6 months.
  • an eSafety inspection report, commonly called a pink slip (if applicable)
  • your payment (if applicable)
  • your concession details (if applicable).

In most instances light vehicles more than 5 years old require an eSafety inspection. You’ll need that inspection report if:

  • your registration renewal notice displays that an inspection is required, and the registration period is unchanged
  • the new registration expiry date is more than 12 months after the last registration renewal when an inspection was required, such as:
    • you’d had a vehicle inspection and renewed your registration for 6 months, and this time you’re wanting to renew for a 12 month term
    • you bought a vehicle that had had an inspection and was registered for 6 months, and you want to register the vehicle for a 12-month term.


Light vehicle inspection reports are valid for 6 months from the date of issue.

Show How to renew

  1. Check the eligibility requirements.
  2. Select the ‘Renew online’ button.
  3. If you have a MyServiceNSW Account, log in, follow the prompts and complete your renewal.
  4. If you don’t have a MyServiceNSW Account, select one of the following:
    • ‘Use billing number’ and enter the billing number on your renewal notice, or
    • ‘Don’t have a billing number?’ and retrieve it by entering the vehicle’s NSW plate number, and selecting ‘Search’.
  5. Select ‘Next’.
  6. To change the usage type, select the ‘I want to change the usage type’ checkbox and use the dropdown menus to choose the new type.
  7. If you’ve changed the usage type to ‘Pensioner’, enter your concession details. Use the dropdown menu to choose the pensioner type, then enter your details as they appear on your concession card.
  8. If you have multiple CTP insurance policies (green slips), choose the appropriate policy.
  9. Read and accept the Terms and Conditions.
  10. Choose your payment type and enter your payment details. If you choose BPAY, keep in mind that it takes 2 or 3 business days to process, and the registration will not be renewed until Roads and Maritime receives the full payment.
  11. Check and confirm the registration renewal.
  12. Print the receipt, or send it to any email address.
  13. If you didn’t change the term or usage, write the Roads and Maritime receipt number on the vehicle’s registration certificate. If you did change the term or usage, a new registration certificate will be mailed to the address of the registered operator within 7 days.

Renew online

Show Who’s eligible?

Sometimes it’s not possible to renew registration online. Please visit a service centre if:

  • the vehicle has been unregistered for more than 3 months, or
  • you ordered special number plates within the registration renewal period, and you haven’t received the new plates yet.

Show Things to keep in mind.

  • When renewing your registration:
    • a 6-month registration term is available for most light vehicles up to 4.5 tonnes Gross Vehicle Mass, (including motorcycles and trailers)
    • a 3-month or 6-month registration term is available for trailers and heavy vehicles over 4.5 tonnes Gross Vehicle Mass.
  • Light vehicles (including motorcycles and trailers) up to 4.5 tonnes gross vehicle mass don’t have registration labels.
  • If you don’t renew the registration by the expiry date, your vehicle is unregistered. Driving an unregistered vehicle is illegal and carries heavy penalties, and can mean your vehicle is not covered by CTP insurance.
  • You can renew your registration online up to 3 months before it expires, but you must have your renewal notice to do so.
  • You can also renew your registration online up to 3 months after the expiry date. The new registration period will start from the date you make the payment, however the expiry date remains the same – you will not get a full year of registration.
  • Renewal notices are sent out 6 weeks prior to the renewal due date, but if required, they can be generated up to 3 months earlier, by calling 13 77 88 or visiting a service centre.
  • To renew a vehicle registration online, Roads and Maritime must electronically receive the CTP (if applicable) and the eSafety inspection report (if applicable).
  • Most vehicles won’t need an inspection until they are over 5 years old. Your renewal notice will let you know if you need an inspection.
  • If you’re a Pensioner Concession Card holder, you may be eligible for automatic registration renewal – visit Renew a vehicle registration (pensioner) to learn more.

Renew online

Show Payment methods

For online transactions, you can pay with:

  • PayPal
  • credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, UnionPay, Diners Club or American Express), or
  • BPAY.

For phone transactions, you can pay with:

For transactions in person at a service centre, you can pay with:

  • cash (in Australian currency)
  • cheque (personal, bank or agency drawn)
  • money order
  • credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express* or EFTPOS), or
  • Android Pay app.

Please note that you may need to pay a merchant fee when paying by PayPal, credit or debit card.

  • Unfortunately, some locations may not accept American Express.


USA News. American News.

News latest news news today news headlines breaking news new current news world news top news latest news today,

headline news online news today's news headlines daily news local news breaking news today new news to day news recent news latest news headlines top news today top news stories news stories national news international.

News news update current news today today's national news news updates headlines news update today latest breaking news breaking news headlines latestnews latest national news english news latest world news latest,

news update latest news headlines for today hot news today headlines today news websites current news events the news today's news headlines in english current news headlines top news headlines national news headlines top.
Headlines latest headlines newspaper headlines today latest it news top stories current news stories news sites.

Written by admin

%d bloggers like this: