Cheap car insurance for new drivers
Young Driver Car Insurance
Insurance quotes for black box and non-black box policies – we’ve got you covered!
You’ll find great deals on young driver car insurance here at 4 Young Drivers.
You’ll benefit from all our specialist industry knowledge, and many years’ experience in finding cheap car insurance quotes for new and young drivers, giving you access to some of the UK’s leading insurance companies.
Still on a provisional driving licence? Not a problem! We have special policies just for you. Get your first insurance through us for great cover at a price you can afford.
Don’t want a “black box” policy?
A black box / telematics policy isn’t right for everyone. So if you’re looking for competitively priced insurance without a black box, we can help. We work with a range of specialist young driver insurers to offer you affordable non-black box insurance.
Convicted driver insurance
It can be difficult for young drivers with convictions to find an affordable car insurance premium. We specialise in getting the best deals for hard-to-cover young drivers, so if you have motoring or non-motoring convictions, let us help.
Sports car insurance
Modified car insurance
Black Box Insurance
- For full or provisional licence holders
- Available to 17 to 24 year olds
- Premium won’t increase after you pass your test
- No restrictive night-time curfews
- Instant cover – don’t wait for the black box to be fitted
Learner Driver Insurance
Looking for temporary learner driver insurance in your own car or a family member’s car? If you’re a provisional licence-holder gaining driving experience outside your regular driving lessons, this is a great short-term policy for you, and a very affordable way to get insurance in your own name.
- Comprehensive cover for 17 to 21 year-olds
- Flexible short-term cover from 7 days up to 6 months
- Affordable insurance in your own name
- Covers your own car or a car owned by a parent or friend
- No risk to parent or friend’s no claims bonus
Student Car Insurance
- Available to 18 to 27 year old students with full licence
- Flexible cover available from 7 to 28 days
- No risk to owner’s no claim bonus
- Instant comprehensive cover
Why is car insurance so expensive for young drivers?
The road safety charity Brake has research showing that drivers aged between 17 and 19 years old make up just 1.5% of all UK drivers, but have around 9% of fatal or serious road accidents when they are driving. 16 to 19 year-olds are a third more likely to die in a crash than older drivers, and one in four 18 to 24 year-olds crash within two years of passing their driving test.
Insurers base insurance premiums on risk, so it’s not surprising that this kind of data can increase your premiums. And if you’ve been unfortunate enough to have had an accident or a conviction, you might find it even harder to get on the road.
We can help you find a cheaper premium. No fee, no hassle, just affordable car insurance when you need it most.
How can you reduce your insurance premium?
You’ll find lots of useful information on this website but if you’re specifically looking for money-saving tips, you need to read How To Make Your Car Insurance Affordable – 10 Tips for Young Drivers. You’ll learn about:
- Buying the right car
- Choosing the right level of insurance cover
- Why a higher excess could save you money
- Avoiding too many additional drivers
- Car security as a way to reduce your premium
- Avoiding car mods that enhance your car’s performance
- Reducing your mileage
- Breaking away from your parents’ policy
- Keeping a clean licence
- Improving your driving skills
Great and quick customer service, my case was not very straight forward but it all was sorted in a timely manner. So thank you, will definitely recommend you.
You always brought my policies down yearly without me having to question that and you have always been very efficient in the handling of documentation. Thank you.
Every time I have contacted you, you have been extremely polite and very efficient and taken care of my problems. Very impressed thank you very much.
The staff I have spoken with have been very, very good, very informative and very helpful.